Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Moosey-Moose Goes to Washington, DC, Day 2

Hi Travel Buddies,

Today we’re going to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

This is inside the main entrance. It’s a really big room with three floors of exhibits!

I’m standing in front of a super old elephant!

 

 

 

 

 

Natural History Museum - #2

 

First, I went to the dinosaur exhibit.

And I thought I was big!

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Whoa! Watch out! This dinosaur could eat me all in one bite! Do you see the dip in the skull? Those were his eye sockets.

 

 

 

 

 

Natural History Museum - #4

 

 

 

My, what big teeth you have!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Natural History Museum - #5 - Fossil Lab

 

Have you ever thought about being a paleontologist when you grow up? If you have, the fossil lab lets you see up close what one of your jobs might be.

 

 

 

 

Natural History Museum - #6 - Fossil Lab

 

This man is looking at teeny tiny bones under a huge magnifying glass. The bones are so tiny that he has to use special tweezers to hold the bones. After he knows what kind of bone he is looking at he can add it to other bones that look like it.

I would be very afraid of tipping over the entire tray of bones! What a mess that would be.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Good thing there is a glass wall between me and this hungry giraffe. He could eat me for an appetizer! Lucky for me he was not real.He is part of an exhibit of animals in their natural habitats.

 

 

 

 

Natural History Museum - #6 - My What Big Horns

 

Hey! My horns got bigger! Just kidding. But, these are horns from a real moose. I better eat all my fruits and vegetables so my horns will grow big and strong, too.

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you had fun going to the Smithsonian National Natural History Museum with me. Ask an adult to help you visit the website for lots more information about things to see and do if you go. Here is the link: http://www.mnh.si.edu/

Come back and visit in a couple of days and I’ll show you some of the famous buildings in Washington, DC.

Your Travel Buddy,

Moosey-Moose

No comments: