Friday, November 4, 2011

Moosey-Moose Goes to Washington, DC

Hi Travel Buddies,

I finally arrived at my destination. That’s fancy for the place I planned to travel to.

Moosey-Moose Arrives at Penn Station

My first stop was Union Station.

  • On October 27, 1907, Union Station officially opened at 6:50 a.m., when the Baltimore and Ohio Pittsburgh Express pulled into the Station. The Station was ultimately completed in 1908.”

I copied that from the official website for Union Station. “Official” means it is the real website and not one written by someone who maybe doesn’t have all the facts. Here is the link so you can read more: http://www.unionstationdc.com/info/infohistory 

Outside Union Station

 

 

This is the outside of Union Station.

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Later in the day I went to the Smithsonian National Zoo. But guess what? It started to rain A LOT!! I was getting soaked all the way to my fur. So I didn’t stay very long. All I got was this picture.

 

 

 

 

Moosey-Moose at the Zoo #2

 

And this picture of a tiger waiting for his lunch. And this wasn’t even a full grown tiger! I’m glad there was a cement wall between me and the tiger or else he might have had me for lunch!

If you want to learn more about the zoo in Washington, DC, here is the link: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/

 

Tomorrow I will visit the Natural History Museum. I plan to visit the dinosaurs! I hope you join me.

Your Travel Buddy,

Moosey-Moose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to that there was a cement wall beetween you and the (not) fully grown tiger to.