Monday, January 19, 2009

Moosey-Moose Feeds the Birds

Hi Boys and Girls,

Look what I'm doing. The bird feeder on our deck got blown down from the really big wind storm we had a last month. This was the perfect project for me to fix it.


First, I had to put the pieces back together. And I had to clean everything. That was yucky! The bird seed was stuck to the sides and some of it had grown moldy. Double yuck!

Next, I borrowed one of Kathleen's measuring scoops to scoop the bird seed into the feeder. Don't worry, I asked Kathleen first if I could borrow it. She said, "Yes."

Kathleen bought some suet for the birds, too. Suet is a sticky block of bird food. Sometimes it's made out of peanuts or insects or just more bird seed. We have one with peanuts and one with insects. I hope the birds like it. Kathleen hung the bird feeder from the top of the porch and she took a picture of me. Wow! I can see forever up here!
Now I'm going to sit and watch for the birds to come and eat. I hope they like the food.
Bye for now,
Moosey-Moose.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi moosey-moose is it fun to feed the birds. by inecio

Anonymous said...

hi moosey moosse how have you been
I have been great.



by taylor

Anonymous said...

Hi Moosey moose, I think you did good job putting back bird feeder sincerely, Diego

Anonymous said...

Hi moosey-moose I think the bird's were cold because the birds did'nt know about it and it is cold outsi- de and maybe it was very cold it is recesstime I have to leave by eric

Anonymous said...

hi moosey moose did any birds come
to the bird feader.you should tell
Kathleen to tack pictures of the birds when they are on the bird feader and when they fly away.Then
you can put it on your blog. at my house i am reaserching them with my
mom and dad it is very fun. my little sister has a baby bird and I
have my own.

from taylor

Anonymous said...

Hey Moosey-Moose what are you doing tonight

Anonymous said...

Wow you did a great job on the bird feeder it looks beautiful wow I just used a fancy Nancy word.
kathleen is having the class tack home fancy words thay are called
magnet words. and sometimes she gives us gotches if we say them to somebody in our family.

from
taylor