Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Moosey-Moose Has Guests in the Garden!

Hi Friends,

This is so cool! We have a family of robins living under our deck in our backyard.

This is the momma bird watching over her nest. I had to stand far away so I wouldn't scare her.

This is a picture of momma bird feeding two of her babies. Only two are showing their little bird heads. It was real tricky trying to get this picture. I had to time everything just right.
First I had to wait for momma bird to leave the nest in search of food. Then I had to wait for her to come back with a beak full of worms. As soon as she comes back, the baby birds throw their heads back and pop their beaks wide open. Momma bird shares the worms with each one.
There's a papa bird in the family that helps to guard the nest from the nearby fence. He helps find food, too. That wasn't too hard because Kathleen and her husband worked in the yard a lot digging up old plants and putting in new plants. That made the worms all come to the top of the ground.
I'll keep you posted on how they spend their day. Be sure to check back every Tuesday.
Bye for now,
Moosey-Moose




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleepy bear! that was the bird i told mrs. Hunter about! Did the eggs have a blueish color on them? Because the next day at my house i didnt see e'm! I only saw itsy bitsy shells! Oh well gotta go Sincerley, Marisol

Anonymous said...

Hey sleepy Bear it is anaiis a gen .My best friend is moving her name is marisol she is my best happyley ever friend.by anaiis

Anonymous said...

Hi moosey-moose do you like to look at robins. I like to look at robins have you ever scare a robin. sincerly, ERIC

Anonymous said...

Hi Mooseymoose,
when I was looking at the picture when the momma bird was feeding the baby birds there were actually there are three baby birds there is one in the back

Anonymous said...

i like birds to what type of birds you like, i like the blue bird and the robin and crane and swawn to,




sincerly,

Isau. :)