Thursday, October 28, 2010

Moosey-Moose and the Ancient Building on an Island - Part 2

Hi Travel Buddies,

This is me high up in Le Mont Saint Michel! Good thing I'm not afraid of heights.

On a clear day, like this one, you can see forever! I had to be careful because it got a little windy, and it was cold. See, I'm wearing my yellow sweater AND my t-shirt. Brrrrr.

This is the big iron gate that drops down to make a bridge into the village. Centuries ago the soldiers would draw the bridge up so enemies could not get inside the village. Remember, Mont Saint Michel is on an island.

This is the view at night. I don't think too many things are beautiful. But this building - it's BEAUTIFUL!

The next morning, sheep were grazing in the field that leads up to the island. These sheep are called mouton blanc. That's French for white sheep.
I hope you are enjoying my travels in France as much as me. Next, I'm off to a little fishing village.
Au Revoir,
Moosey-Moose

No comments: