Thursday, October 7, 2010

Moosey-Moose Goes to France - A Two-Museum Day!

Hi Travel Buddies,

This is me with my new friend in Paris. I would see him every morning to have a short hot chocolate and a croissant. YUM!! Croissants are my new favorite food to eat.

After enjoying my morning snack like all good Parisians, I was ready to explore the streets of Paris.

This is a boat traveling up the famous river called the Seine. I rode on one at night. Paris is also called the City of Lights. And now I know why. I'll send you some photos so you can see for yourself. But now, back to my museum day.

This is me outside the Musee d'Orsay. This is the link to the museum's website: http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/home.html.

This is inside of the Musee d'Orsay. It looks like an old fashioned train station! There are lots of small rooms inside this really big room. I got to see famous paintings by famous artists like Van Gogh (that's him with the museum sign), and Manet, and Degas. There are also lots of statues. Before I knew it, hours had gone by. Well, check out the website you so you can feel like you're there, too.
Have fun!
Next, I went to the Musee-Rodin. Auguste Rodin was a very famous sculptor. A sculptor is someone who makes statues. He's super famous for his statue called The Thinker. That's it behind me in this picture. See, I can think just like the statue. Super cool!
This is the link to the Musee-Rodin: http://www.musee-rodin.fr/welcome.htm. There's lots of interesting information.
I hope you're having fun traveling with me on my blog. If you have questions about the places I've visited, be sure to write to me and let me know where you're from. Maybe one day I can visit your city!
I gotta go now,
Moosey-Moose

2 comments:

A Squared said...

Hey Moosey-Moose! It's Alaina. I know I haven't checked your blog in a while. And I wish that i did!
I wish I could walk the streets of Paris!! So, Moosey-Moose? How many adventures have you actually had?
~ALAINA

Kri Kri said...

Hi Moosey, I found your book mark and was reminded of when Nigel and I met you and Kathleen on the bus at the airport. It was fun to take a look at your blog and see where you have been. (you are very photogenic!) We finished our kayaking trip from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic on Oct. 2nd. I have only just started posting on my blog... you might like taking a peak!
www.planetkrikri.blogspot.com
Welcome home,
*-*, Kristin