Friday, September 16, 2011

Moosey-Moose and More Art at SAM

Hi Friends,

I’m glad you’re back!

Silver Coat

This was the first exhibit I saw on the main exhibit floor. A very nice lady who works at the museum told me the artist is Korean. He made this warrior coat out of “dog tags”. But they aren’t the kind your pet doggy wears. Nope. “Dog tags” are also the metal identification tags that soldiers wear.

The artist made hundreds of them. That’s a lot of hard work.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

This is a huge sculpture of a mouse standing over a sleeping man. The museum lady told me adults dream about big mice all the time. I’m glad I dream about going on adventures and not huge rodents!

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

These are masks and headdresses. The information card said they are from the 1900s. That’s over 100 years old!

 

 

 

 

Totem Similarities

 

What do you think? I think we are very similar.

 

 

 

 

 

Moosey-Moose Takes a Break in the Kids' Room

Time for me to take a break. There is a super fun family room at the museum. It’s for kids to play and learn about art. Sleepy Bear would be proud of me for taking a break to read some art books!

 

 

I hope you are enjoying my museum trip with me. If you want to go with your family, here’s the link for more information:

http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/

Check back tomorrow for more art with me as your tour guide!

Bye for now,

Moosey-Moose

No comments: