Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Moosey-Moose Goes to Grape Country–Day #3

Hi Travel Buddies,

Remember I told you about the test about how many different fruits are in the fruit cup at breakfast time? Well, this morning I am prepared.

Moosey-Moose Prepares for His Fruit Test

 

I got a head start writing down the fruits. So far I have pears, apples and grapes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

It helps when I’m in the kitchen with Alan when he’s slicing the fruits. And he slices A LOT of fruit!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Today there were 26 different kinds. There was papaya, dates, prunes, red watermelon, white watermelon, black licorice pieces and that’s only some of them. But it was a good thing because I have a busy day ahead of me.

 

 

 

 

Garrison Creek Cellars

 

My first stop was Garrison Creek Cellars. It’s called a cellar because a cellar is a room under a building and it’s kept really cold. The grape juice needs to stay cold before it’s ready to drink.

 

 

 

 

 

You should tell you parents about this place. I think they might like to visit. And it’s really close to the bed and breakfast where I’m staying.Here’s the link: http://www.garrisoncreekcellars.com

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is me inside the cellar. I’m sitting on a grape juice barrel. They store the grape juice in the wooden barrels until it’s ready to drink. These barrels came all the way from France! Next time I go to France I’m going to go to the barrel making factory.

 

 

 

 

 

Grape Juice Factory

 

This is more machinery in the cellar that they use to make grape juice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is me with David March. Mr. March knows everything about making grape juice. He was really nice to give me a tour. He gave me some white grapes to munch on. YUM!

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I went outside to their vineyard and sampled some of the grapes. They were very sweet. I could almost taste the grape jelly I put on my peanut butter sammich back home! I can’t wait to tell Sleepy Bear.

 

 

 

 

More Rows of Grape Vineyards

 

Time for me to hit the road again. I’m going to visit another grape juice factory. And, I think I’ll meet some more new friends. Except these friends go “WOOF WOOF!”

 

 

 

 

 

Check back later and I’ll show you what I mean.

Your Travel Buddy,

Moosey-Moose.

No comments: