Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moosey-Moose Goes On An Adventure In Grape Juice Country–Day 2

 

Good Morning, Travel Buddies,

I got up super early so I could watch the sun wake up.

Watching the Sunrise#1

 

It looks like the sun is already up but it’s not. Did you know the sun rises in the east and goes to bed in the west?

 

 

 

 

 

Geese Flying By

 

While I was waiting for the sun, a flock of geese flew over me. Birds always make a “V” shape in the sky when they fly.

 

 

 

 

 

Watching the Sunrise#2

 

Look at the blueish gray color at the top. That’s the sky. Then the yellow orangish color is the sun starting to wake up. Then the black color is the earth.

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 

The sun is peeking up over the horizon. That’s the line where the sky and earth meet.

 

 

 

I’m excited for a new day filled with adventures!

 

PreBreakfast Snack

 

But first I get to eat fresh baked apple pastries and tea with cream. Deanne made the pastries with apples from the apple orchard.

 

This is the perfect way to start the day.

 

 

 

Pear Carved Swan

 

 

No! This is not one of the geese flying in the sky. This is a swan. Alan makes HUGE dishes of fruit every morning.

 

 

 

 

 

He said he forgot to add the pear with all the other fruits so he made a special plate for the pear and he made it look like a swan! I wouldn’t try this at home. I might cut my hoof.

Another thing I learned about Alan. AFTER you eat all your fruit he tells you to write down all the different fruits you ate! I didn’t know there was going to be a test. I ate mine too fast so I didn’t do a very good job of remembering.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

This is me with Deanne and some of her apple fritter pastries she made to go with breakfast. Well, they aren’t really fritters but I couldn’t pronounce the super fancy name. Maybe she will blog to me and tell me the real name for them.

Deanne and her chef, Penny, teach baking and cooking classes at the bed and breakfast. I think I will come back and learn how to make these apple pastries at home! I bet Sleepy Bear would like some to go with is hot cocoa and goo-gobs of whippy cream.

 

Now my tummy is super full and I’m ready to learn about making grape juice! Check back later when I start my grape juice making tour!

Bye for now,

Moosey-Moose

No comments: