Monday, September 26, 2011

Moosey-Moose Goes On An Adventure to Grape Juice Country!

Hi Travel Buddies,

At the last minute I planned a trip to Touchet and Walla Wall, Washington.

Map of Washington

 

This is a map of Washington State. I traveled by car all the way from Seattle to Walla Walla.

 

 

 

 

 

The Mansion

 

This is where I stayed. It’s a bed and breakfast called Cameo Heights Mansion. You should tell your parents about this place. I bet they would like to have a vacation. Here is the link with all the information: http://cameoheightsmansion.com/ 

 

Alan and Deanne are the owners. You can tell them I told you about their mansion.

 

 

 

Cameo Heights Mansion Grand Entrance

This is the grand entrance. It’s grand because it’s super big! On one side is the office and on the other side is a living room with a piano and a harp and chairs and a sofa and a fancy French sofa called a chaise lounge. I only looked because I didn’t want to get anything messy.

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After I checked-in I got to spend some time in the backyard before dinner time.

This is me on the balcony. Down below is a swimming pool with a waterfall. See all the green plants in the background? Those are apple trees. I told Kathleen those are A LOT of apples for A LOT of apple pies! YUM!

 

 

 

 

Fish Chowder

 

Finally! Dinner time. Cameo Heights Mansion has its own restaurant called The Vine. My first night I had a fish chowder. I like fish. Penny is the chef. She made this all by herself. Oh, tell your parents about the restaurant, too. Here’s the link:

http://cameoheightsmansion.com/the-vine/ 

Tell Penny I said hello!

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

I ordered a New York Steak with potatoes and corn. This was my main dish. Fancy restaurants call this the entrée. I felt super grown up!

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 

I can’t believe I ate the whole thing! I felt like taking a nap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

But not until after I ate dessert! Tonight I had Mud Pie! That’s my kind of pie! On the bottom is a chocolate brownie and gooey chocolate sauce and caramel sauce and whippy cream (Sleepy Bear would like that part the best!) and strawberries on top.

 

 

 

 

 

picture of asian suite

 

After all that super yummy food, I was ready to go to sleep. This is my room. And, I got the whole bed to myself!

 

 

Check back later and I’ll take you to the place where they make grape juice!

Your Travel Buddy,

Moosey-Moose

No comments: