Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Moosey-Moose Goes on Vacation - Day 3 Night


Ohla Amigos and Amigas!

Whew! What a day. My hooves are so-ore! I must have walked a hundred miles today. In the hot, hot, humid air. And the sun! The sun was beating down on my. I though for sure I would collapse. But, then I remembered that when the temperature rises, so does my water intake. That means I need to be sure to drink lots and lots of bottled water. Even if I don't think I'm thirsty, my body needs the extra water.

I visited the downtown of Cabo. There are two different parts. One is like a market place or a flea market. Shop owners sell their items in open booths set up under an awning. The floors are just the dirt ground. It is nothing fancy at all. Some of the booths are very small. I could barely fit inside many of them. What's interesting is that all the shop owners wanted my business. They would almost beg me to buy something.

After a full morning of NOT wanting to buy anything I told myself I needed to learn some more Spanish so I could tell the shop owners, in as nice a way as a moose can, that I was not interested. I asked a very nice lady who looked like she spoke Spanish and English. She told me to say, Te llamo luego! I asked the nice lady what I was saying and she told me I was telling everyone that I would call them tomorrow. Greeeat! I'm telling all the locals in Cabo that I'm going to call them tomorrow. I don't even want to think about what my cell phone charges would be. The nice lady laughed at me when she saw the panic on my face. She said not to worry, it is just a figure of speech. No one expects me to call them tomorrow. It's just a nice way of saying I am not interested in buying anything.

OK, so that was my lesson in Spanish for the day!

After walking some more, I went back to y hotel to sit by the pool to cool off. I met a nice friend while I was there. Her name is Flower. She's all the way from Kansas!
Tomorrow I plan to go on another adventure. I'll give you a few clues about what I'll be doing. There will be a boat and water and sky and height and very, very strong, sturdy fabric. Can you guess what I'm going to do? Check back tomorrow and I'll tell you!

Adios Amigos and Amigas,



Moosey-Moose

7 comments:

Students said...

Hunterstudents

Students said...

Hi Moosey-Moose. How's it going?

Unknown said...

Hi Moosey-Moose! I hope you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

hey moosymoose how are you doing are you having a good time do you miss peopole back home.please write back ps.is that your girl frend whith you by the swiming pool?

Anonymous said...

you are so cool from zeena

Anonymous said...

hi mooseymoose i was wondering how was your vacation. from:INECio

Anonymous said...

hi moosey moose hows it going i like pool is it yours are not anyways hope you have a great time




sincerly

isau


8)