Thursday, October 16, 2008

Moosey-Moose Goes on Vacation - Day 4


Ohla Amigos and Amigas!


Today was one of my best adventures I have every had!!! Did my clues help you guess what I had planned for today? OK, I'll tell you. I went parasailing! That's right! What? You don't know what parasailing is? I guess I'll have to explain.


Are you ready to make some pictures in your mind? OK, here we go. Hang on tight. First, you go the the beach and wait for small boat to pick you up. The small boat, called a water taxi, takes you to another boat that is a little bit larger, and more powerful. You get into the second boat, which is further out in the ocean. Then, the second boat takes off. One of the boat crew members helps you to put on your life vest and a harness with hooks on it. Then, you walk to the back of the boat. The back of the boat is flat. The crew member hooks you to a parachute that is blown up behind you. Then you sit down. The boat starts to go faster and faster. And, at the same time, the parachute line is getting longer and longer. Pretty soon my feet were no longer touching the boat! I was sitting in a chair, floating high above the ocean. The parachute behind me was catching the wind. That is what let me stay up in the air.


It was very peaceful floating in the sky. The only thing I heard was the wind blowing my parachute. The boat sailed around the ocean for about 20 minutes. Then, slowly, the crew members pulled the line in. Soon, my feet landed on the back of the boat. They unhooked my harness and then I got to sit in the boat and enjoy a boat ride while the next person took their turn sailing in a parachute.


I loved parasailing so much, I just might have to try it again! What do you think. Should I?


After parasailing, I treated myself to another delicious meal of authentic Mexican food. That is another thing. The food here is fabulous. I won't be surprised if I gain an extra few moose pounds!
The weather is still very hot and humid. Do you remember what humid means? I'll give you a hint. My fur always feels like I just got out of the pool. As you can see by my picture, I finally had to take off my sweater.
This evening I'm going to read my book and go to bed early.
Adios Amigos and Amigas,
Moosey-Moose


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi moosey-moose i love your stores i hope you writ a nother one so i can come home and read it?

so how old are you ?I am 9 years old.I can't wate to read about you .well i have to go.

secerly,natalie

Anonymous said...

Im so happy that your coming back.inow homework bad well by from zeena
ps.i miss you

Anonymous said...

coWOW MOOSEY MOOSE!!!!!!!!!!What a GREAT adventure!! Imer

Anonymous said...

wow it looks very fun i think of i try it it will be scary for me.